Project Registry X

Jump To:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

XP-8 / Jake Buttrick / Jakeroub@aol.com / 10-21-00: Bought plywood yesterday and started cutting. 10-24-00: Finished cutting out parts from plywood. 3-30-01: Finished making framing and cutting peices. 5-11-01: Started fiberglassing. 8-13-01: boat finished. 8-17-01: maiden voyage. 5-8-03: I finished my XP8 a couple years ago. Up until last summer I’ve been using a Merc110, getting speeds just over 25MPH. This winter I finished rebuilding a 1950’s Mercury Mark 25, and should get the boat going around 35MPH. Sometime this summer I will finish my 1950’s racing engine, a Mark 15H. That should push me over 40MPH, and I could use the MK25 powerhead on the H tower… That would be reeeaaaalllly fast. Can’t wait to try it out. My brother has a telephoto lens on this 35mm, so we have some nice shots from the rowboat. As a matter of fact, he has a Pee Wee(Ill send one of those pictures too). The Pee Wee has a 1997 Johnson 9.9HP on it and goes slightly faster than my XP-8 with a 70’s Mercury 9.8HP. I’ll send a couple now, if you want more, just let me know. Have I mentioned I’m only 19(I was 17 when I comlpeted construction)? I did all the work myself. Only help I got was my brother helped me flip it during construction. (see Customer Photos)

XP-8 / Greg Gardiner / ggardiner@earthlink.net / 2-18-01: Built xp-8 in 1978. Put fiberglass over plywood. Boat still in use. 25mph estimated with 9.9 hp outboard. 5-8-03: Email still valid… Great memories.

XP-8 / Darryl Mabee / dmabee@DarrylMabee.com / 10-31-01: Built complete XP-8 in two weeks during summer vacation in 1990. Put fibreglass tape over bow split over plywood. Boat still in use. 25mph estimated with 9.9 hp outboard. 5-7-03: We finished XP8 about 15 years ago and it is still in occasional use. I get the occasional email about it now and then too.

XP-8 / Ed Carr / Natick, MA / edward.carr@EOT.state.ma.us / 7-5-06: Finished project, two XP-8’s and trailer.

XP-8 / Cameron Murphy / Orleans, MA / cammurphy@hotmail.com / 3-7-2010: Finished gathering wood and began cutting plywood.
3-13-10: Finished cutting plywood and frames. Laminated bow piece, stem, motorboards.
3-14-10: Glued stem to bow piece, cut transom cap and frames, athwartship brace, and ripped down wood for keel and battens. Almost ready to begin assembling bow piece/stem, frames, and transom to keel.


Jump To:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
 

Comments are closed.


%d bloggers like this: